Who We Are
Most people know about Samaritan’s Purse because of Operation Christmas Child – a project that has reached over 77 million children in 130 countries with Christmas gift since 1990. What many do not realise is how these gifts enable our local partners (who deliver the shoe boxes) to connect with families and communities, build relationships, discover and meet other needs in these communities.
We are a Christian not-for-profit organisation, aiming to practically demonstrate God’s love through showing mercy and bringing hope to those in greatest need. Samaritan’s Purse started in 1970 in the USA and has been active out of Australia/New Zealand since 1995. The organisation has its own Australian Board.
- gift-filled shoe boxes for children in need
- emergency aid and relief for people affected by natural and man-made disasters,
- access to clean water and sanitation,
- schools, pre-schools and access to education,
- health clinics and health and hygiene training,
- livelihoods training to empower the poor to create an income generating livelihood,
- support and aid for vulnerable people groups such as orphans, the disabled and victims of human trafficking,
- a program that helps kids learn about God, faith and what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ.
For more information on each of these project sectors click on the What We Do tab on the main navigation bar.